If you’ve ever dreamt big placing all your money on something that would guarantee returns but wasn’t sure where to start, then Joseph Hogue’s ‘Investing in the Next Big Thing: How to Invest in Startups and Equity Crowdfunding like an Angel Investor’ would be a great one-for-everything resource. With statistics and factual evidence that would ease the mind to step out of your comfort zone to what to look out for when investing your hard-earned money on a startup project. ‘Investing in the Next Best Thing’ also sheds light on the “secret world” that is controlled by angel investors and venture capitalists. Truly, this is an interesting book and reference manual for anyone wishing to start investing in the next big crowdfunding campaign.
About the Author
Born and raised in Iowa, Joseph Hogue graduated from the Iowa University after serving in the Marine Corps. He began his career as a commercial real estate agent and in corporate finance before following his calling to be an investment analyst.
Financial analyst, blogger, freelancer, and father, Joseph Hogue, started working as a part-time freelancer before building it into a full-time work-at-home career.
Table of Contents
- What is Equity Crowdfunding Investing?
- Crowdfunding Investing Risks and Returns
- Understanding the Fundamental Cycle in Crowdfunding Investing
- 5 Types of Crowdfunding Deals and Investment
- Analyzing Crowdfunding Deals
- My Quick Deal Checklist to Weed Out the Losers
- Researching Market Opportunity
- Forecasting Startup Financials
- Will Management Sabotage Your Crowdfunding Investment
- 4 Startup Investing Risks and How to Manage Them
- Putting a Price on a Startup – 3 Valuation Methods
- After the Investment – Managing Your Money
- Exit Strategies – How Investors make Money
- A Strategic Investing Strategy to Minimize Risk and Maximize Returns
- Pinterest: A Case Study
- Is Crowdfunding still for You?
- A Special Request
- Crowdfunding Investor Resources
- Get the Best Pre-IPO Opportunities Now