Manolis G. Kavussanos’ and Ilias D. Visvikis’ ‘The International Handbook of Shipping Finance: Theory and Practice’ is considered by many as a one-stop resource that provides organized and comprehensible reference materials for the theory and practice in the multibillion-dollar industry of international shipping.
About the Author
Manolis G. Kavussanos works as a professor at the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), in Greece. He is also a Director of the MSc program in International Shipping, Finance and Management, and of the Laboratory for Finance since inception, a member of the steering committees of the MSc program in Accounting and Finance (A&F). He has been the Director of the MSc and Ph.D. programs in A&F at AUEB for five years.
Ilias D. Visvikis is Professor of Shipping Finance and Risk Management, and Director of Executive Education and Professional Development at World Maritime University (WMU) founded by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), and also co-Coordinator of the Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Maritime Management jointly delivered by WMU and DNV GL.
Table of Contents
- Preface by Editors
- Chapter 1: Shipping Markets and their Economic Drivers
- Chapter 2: Asset Risk Assessment, Analysis and Forecasting in Asset Backed Finance
- Chapter 3: Overview of Ship Finance
- Chapter 4: Shipbuilding Finance
- Chapter 5: Debt Financing in Shipping
- Chapter 6: Public Debt Markets for Shipping
- Chapter 7: Public and Private Equity Markets
- Chapter 8: Structured Finance in Shipping
- Chapter 9: Key Clauses of a Shipping Loan Agreement
- Chapter 10: Legal Aspects of Ship Mortgages
- Chapter 11: Reasons and Mechanics of Handling Defaulted Shipping Loans and Methods of Recovery
- Chapter 12: Marine Insurance
- Chapter 13: Maritime Investment Appraisal and Budgeting
- Chapter 14: Financial Analysis and Modelling of Ship Investments
- Chapter 15: Maritime Business Risk Management
- Chapter 16: Mergers and Acquisitions in Shipping