In this recent fourth edition of author William J. O’neil’s “How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad,” the so-called secrets to investing in the stock markets are exposed to readers, showing them how it is possible for anyone to make consistent long-term profits by following its contents. Written with great precision and a classic, “How to Make Money in Stocks” reveals William J. O’Neil’s absolute CAN SLIM® Investing System – a well-proven and tested process consisting of seven simple steps that even beginners can follow to minimize losses and generate maximized profits. Regarded as one of the nation’s best-seller “How to Make Money in Stocks,” now contains 100+ charts for references, tips, and tricks to survive in the market no matter the trend or market direction, and techniques to lock in on profitable stocks before it swells in price and value. This highly accessible book surely lives up to its title and has been an invaluable guide for even professionals and novices interested in participating in the financial market.
About the Author
William J. O’Neil is the founder and chairman of Investor’s Business Daily. He also founded William O’Neil + Company, a leader in equity market information and data research for more than 400 major institutional money managers worldwide.
Table of Contents
- Part I: A Winning System: CAN SLIM®
- Introduction You Must Learn and Benefit from America’s Years of Super Winners
- Chapter 1: America’s Greatest Stock-Picking Secrets
- Chapter 2: How to Read Charts Like a Pro and Improve Your Selection and Timing
- Chapter 3: C = Current Big or Accelerating Quarterly Earnings and Sales per Share
- Chapter 4: A = Annual Earnings: Look for Big Growth
- Chapter 5: N = Newer Companies, New Products, New Management, New Highs Off Properly Formed Chart Bases
- Chapter 6: S = Supply and Demand: Big Volume Demand at Key Points
- Chapter 7: L = Leader or Laggard: Which Is Your Stock?
- Chapter 8: I = Institutional Sponsorship
- Chapter 9: M = Market Direction: How You Can Determine It
- Part II: Be Smart from the Start
- Chapter 10: When You Must Sell and Cut Every Loss… Without Exception
- Chapter 11: When to Sell and Take Your Worthwhile Profits
- Chapter 12: Money Management: Should You Diversify, Invest for the Long Haul, Use Margin, Sell Short, or Buy Options, IPOs, Tax Shelters, Nasdaq Stocks, Foreign Stocks, Bonds, or Other Assets?
- Chapter 13: Twenty-One Costly Common Mistakes Investors Make
- Part III: Investing Like a Professional
- Chapter 14: More Models of Great Stock Market Winners
- Chapter 15: Picking the Best Market Themes, Sectors, and Industry Groups
- Chapter 16: How I Use IBD® to Find Potential Winning Stocks
- Chapter 17: Watching the Market and Reacting to News
- Chapter 18: How You Could Make Your Millions Owning Mutual Funds
- Chapter 19: Institutional Portfolio Ideas
- Chapter 20: Important Time-Tested Proven Rules and Guidelines to Remember
- Success Stories