Warning: getimagesize(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:0A000126:SSL routines::unexpected eof while reading in /home/forex-trend-net/htdocs/forex-trend.net/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/content_modify.php on line 27
Baptism by fire is an idiom that investors in Wall Street are familiar with. Training for research analysis in the trade? No such thing.
Enter, Paul Sonkin, and Paul Johnson. Their magnum opus, “Pitch the Perfect Investment: The Essential Guide to Winning on Wall Street,” is a must for every investor starting in Wall Street. The book had readers experienced in the cut-throat world wishing that the book existed ages ago, thus helping to keep misses and losses at bay. The book advances investors’ knowledge so that they don’t start as sitting ducks in stock pitch competition or investment funds.
“Pitch the Perfect Investment…” caters to the open-minded and gets investment professionals out of their comfort zones. The material equips both the novice and the experienced to gather their capabilities, sharpen their analytical process, and ultimately ups the notch of their communication prowess, even across the entire communication.
Table of Contents
The book boasts of the following content:
Part I The Perfect Investment
- Chapter 1 – How to Value and Asset
- Chapter 2 – How to Value a Business
- Chapter 3 – How to Evaluate Competitive Advantage and Value Growth
- Chapter 4 – How to Think About a Security’s Intrinsic Value
- Chapter 5 – How to Think About Market Efficiency
- Chapter 6 – How to Think About Wisdom of Crowds
- Chapter 7 – How to Think About Behavioural Finance
- Chapter 8 – How to Add Value Through Research
- Chapter 9 – How to Assess Risk
Part II The Perfect Pitch
- Chapter 10 – How to Select a Security
- Chapter 11 – How to Organize the Content of the Message
- Chapter 12 – How to Deliver the Message
About the Authors
Paul D. Sonkin worked as a portfolio manager at GAMCO Investors / Gabelli Funds. At present, Sonkin is a most-skilled co-Portfolio manager at the TETON Westwood Mighty Mites fund. With an experience of two decades, Mr. Sonkin, a New York native, already has the skinny on small, micro, and nanocap entities. For a good ten years, he was also a part of the Executive Advisory Board of The Heilbrunn Center for Graham & Dodd Investing at Columbia Business School.
Paul Johnson spearheads an advisory firm that aims at aiding CEOs and Board of Directors with strategy and methods named the Nicusa Investment Advisors. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the Columbia Business School since 1992. In 2016, he received the Commitment to Excellence award from the Executive MBA graduating class.