About the book
This book is an exploration and an inquiry into the potential use of Blockchain Technology for various transactions outside cryptocurrencies, such as Supply Chain Finance. In this book, the technology of Blockchain Technology and other distributed public ledgers could enable a faster and more secure transaction, which benefits various companies and even individuals exchanging information and value.
This is an interesting book that delves into the usage of Blockchain Technology in many cases. It explores different aspects and sides to its potential use and gives clear reasons why it is suited to be an avenue for the exchange of both value and information.
It also has an interesting take on the possible use of Blockchain Technology on Supply Chain Finance and how businesses can benefit from it, especially two parties that are conducting a transaction. It probes more in-depth into the privacy and security that distributed ledgers offer and concludes that it could revolutionize a whole industry of technology and transactions.
About the Author
ERIK HOFMANN is Director of Chair of Logistics Management at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, where he is also Senior Lecturer. He heads the Supply Chain Finance-Lab of the Swiss Post. His research mainly prioritizes on supply management, interactions of operations management, and finance issues.
URS MAGNUS STREWE is an entrepreneur and a professional in the implementation of technology-driven business models for banks and other financial service providers. He was Chief Operating Officer of CRX Markets, where he worked on the service offering of the company.
NICOLA BOSIA graduated from the University of Lausanne (HEC) with a BA degree in management. He received his Master of Arts in accounting and finance from the University of St. Gallen (HSG).
Table of Contents
- Introduction—Why to Pay Attention on Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Finance?
- Background I—What is Buyer-Led Supply Chain Finance?
- Background II—What is Reverse Securitisation?
- Background III—What is Blockchain Tehcnology?
- Concept—Where Are the Opportunities of Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Finance?
- Discussion—How Does the Full Potential of Blockchain Technology in Supply Chain Finance Look Like?
- Conclusion—What Can We Learn from Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Finance?