About the book
This book discusses all aspects of venture capital, such as fundraising, exit pathways, and structuring investments. The book employs the right amount of depth in discussing the topics and uses a simplified jargon for the ease of the readers.
This book is written especially for professionals working in this field, with insights and a new perspective on venture capital. It also discusses investment processes, such as investment opportunities and interviews with experts.
The book details how venture capital firms work in the real world, especially in important aspects such as fundraising, investment, and exit. The examples and discussions are written comprehensively, followed by demonstrations shown in charts and other visuals.
In the book, Ramsinghani demonstrates how venture capitals get funding from investors, as well as their objectives. This is an important aspect as it generally explains the scope on which the venture capital works. The book can cater to experts in the field, professionals, and even individuals who are the only novice in venture capital.
About the Author
MAHENDRA RAMSINGHANI has ten years of experience in developing the early stages of technology businesses. He is Director-Venture Capital Initiatives at Michigan Economic Development Corporation, where he spearheaded the legislation for two Fund-of-Fund programs deploying $200+ million in VC funds in Michigan. He co-authored Startup Boards with VC and Brad Feld. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering and an MBA major in Marketing & Finance.
Table of Contents:
- Part One: Raising the Venture Fund
- Chapter 1 The Basics
- Chapter 2 Getting In
- Chapter 3 Building Your Career as a Venture Capitalist
- Chapter 4 The Universe of Limited Partners
- Chapter 5 How Limited Partners Conduct Fund Due Diligence
- Chapter 6 Defining Your Fund’s Investment Strategy
- Chapter 7 How Institutional Investors Evaluate Fund Managers
- Chapter 8 Fund Size and Portfolio Construction
- Chapter 9 Performance Analysis
- Chapter 10 Emerging Managers: A Promise of the Future
- Chapter 11 The Venture Capital Firm, Operations, and Culture
- Chapter 12 The Fund-Raising Process
- Chapter 13 Terms of Investment: The Limited Partnership Agreement
- Chapter 14 The Role of Replacement Agents in Fund-Raising
- Part Two: Making Investments
- Chapter 15 Sourcing Investment Opportunities
- Chapter 16 The Art of Conducting Due Diligence
- Chapter 17 Management Team Diligence
- Chapter 18 Diligence Beyond Management
- Chapter 19 Structuring Investment Transactions
- Chapter 20 Serving the Board
- Chapter 21 Board Culture, Composition, and Orientation
- Chapter 22 Board Value Creation and Evaluation
- Chapter 23 Challenges in the Boardroom
- Chapter 24 Exit Strategies
- Chapter 25 Acquisitions: The Primary Path to an Exit
- Chapter 26 Initial Public Offering
- Chapter 27 Human Psychology
- About the Author
- About the Companion Web Site